Saturday, 21 January 2012

Hello Sweden!!

Wow........ I have finally made it! It's been a long time coming but I am finally here........HELLO SWEDEN!!

The last few weeks have been a bit of a blur. What with Christmas, numerous leaving parties and the whole business of actually leaving, its been a pretty mental time of late! I've been here just over a week now and things are beginning to settle down.

The first 3 or 4 days felt a bit like a holiday. Aicha and I spent most of the time shopping in town mainly to find me a new smart phone. After a lot of searching I eventually found one I liked but it seemed everywhere we went they were sold out of them! We got there in the end though as the last place we tried had one left so I snapped it up!

On the Friday we treated ourselves to a Spa session. Never been to one before but I will definitely be going back. I recommend the full body massage.............good times!! This was then followed by a cracking meal at Jensens Beef House............good, good times!!

We saw Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows at the cinema on Saturday. Now I'm a bit of film buff and its commonly known that sequels never live up to the original but this was one of those rare occasions where that trend was blown out the water. Top film! Robert Downey Jr is fast becoming one of my favourite actors. Loved him in this and also in Iron Man but I think his turn in Tropic Thunder will always be my favourite!

Sticking with movies, I picked up the last two James Bond movies in the supermarket at a bargain 60 kronor for the pair (thats £6 to us English folk!). I find the cost of things very strange here. Some things are ridiculously expensive (£6.50 for pint is enough to turn you teetotal!) yet things like food and drink in supermarkets are quite reasonable. The cost of buying somewhere seems cheaper though. Just the other day we looked at a 2 bed appartment which in London would probably cost over 250k but here it went for 170k!

The last few days I have been looking for some part time work. I am enrolling at SFI on Monday, which is a college to learn swedish. The course is only 3 hours every morning so I am free to do some part time work evenings and weekends. Have been to a few bars looking for some work but as yet nothing has come of it. I have also been looking online and have sent a few applications off so hopefully I might hear back within the next few days.

One of the pubs I visited, The Tudor Arms, had a football team. One of the things I will miss the most about Brighton is playing footy with my pals so I took the details of the manager and got in contact with him. The football season here runs from March til October so they are currently in pre-season training. They have invited me along to the training session tomorrow so hopefully if I impress I may get into the squad. Football has always been the thing I am most confident in so I'm sure I will do fine plus goalkeepers are in short supply so that should bode well for me!!

Anyway thats where I'm at so far. I'm gonna try and blog as often as possible so drop in every now and then for an update..............

1 comment:

  1. All sounding good, I feel excited for you; I feel sure that the future holds bright and wonderful things for you both.
    It was lovely to see and talk to you on Skype the other night.

    Can't wait for the next installment.

    Missing you.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete