Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Put to the test

After a couple of brain straining days in the new job I was looking forward to relaxing over the weekend.................but then I realised that wouldn't happen because my weekend was suddenly jam-packed!! On Saturday I had arranged to meet Micke to watch the FA Cup final but before I could do that I had a few things to do around the house. Most of the morning was spent cleaning but once that was done I switched on my laptop to watch the build up to the final! I've found a website where I can stream all the sports I like and 99% of the time its is with the English commentary! I met Micke at 4pm and rest of the day was spent in The Dubliners! It was a really good atmosphere as it was mainly Liverpool supporters. We ended up losing the final (so I won't go into the details of the game!) but it was a good day none the less..................I think the 7 or 8 pints I drunk had something to do with that!!



Now that I have secured a job it was time to get back on the property trail. Last week Aicha contacted the bank to inquire about a mortgage loan and they have now agreed one in principle. In Sweden there is none of that 3 and half times your salary bollocks. Here they just asked us how much we earn, how much we can put down as a deposit and the desired price range. They pretty much agreed it there and then! With that done Aicha booked in some viewings straight away! We saw one apartment on Sunday in an area called Råcksta which is not that far from where we are living at the moment. The apartment building was only 3 years old so everything was fairly new but we weren't too keen on the layout so we decided not to bid on it. The main reason being the kitchen was open plan. We did know this beforehand but I thought we should give ít a look anyway!!

After the viewing we headed to the nearby town of Jakobsberg to watch our nephew Younes play in a football tournament. It was fun seeing him chase the ball around. He is only nine and hasn't been playing football for very long but I thought he did really well! Like all kids in his age group there are some who are better than others but he didn't look out of place. I managed to snap a few pictures of him in the process. The best part of the day for me was when they scored as all the kids went mental and started running all round the pitch!! When I visit the UK next I must make sure to watch my brothers kids play football so I don't miss out!





After Younes' football tournament I had to head off for my own game for The Tudor Arms. We were playing away against Ekero which is a 30 minute drive outside the city centre. We won the game 2-0 and I played really well. I made some really vital saves and ended up as man of the match, doing my chances of a first team place little harm at all! I took quite a nasty bang to head in the process though, but that's football!

Monday it was back to work. Having endured information overload in the first few days I was worried that this week would be more of the same but Monday was a good day as things became more clear to me. I was tasked with doing a piece of work for my boss on Friday and when I came to presenting it on Monday he was impressed with what I had done. I am starting to find my feet now and hopefully it won't be too long before I am comfortable with things.

Today is Wednesday and this morning I had to take a few hours off work to take a Swedish exam at college. Now that I have a job I can no longer attend college during weekdays however they have agreed to move me to an evening class, but to determine which class I should go in I had to take the exam. If I had continued in the day class I would have taken it next month but the teacher believed I was advanced enough to take it now. The exam was made up of four parts. There were two reading sections, one listening and one writing section. I was given the results back this afternoon and I am happy to say I passed!! I got top marks on the reading and writing but not so much on the listening. The reading and listening questions were multiple choice. I made a mistake with some of the listening questions as I understood what was said but I marked the wrong box!! Fortunately it didn't affect my score too much but what it does mean is that I need to focus more on listening to dialogues in future.

The past week has been quite hectic for me, both with the new job and studying for the exam. I am glad the exam is out the way now but I need to make sure that I keep up with the studying, particularly as my evening class will not begin until August. The last 7 days has felt like one big test.................but one I'm lucky enough to say that I have passed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment