Monday, 6 August 2012

Brighton 2012

Wow! Its been over two weeks since my last blog but it only seems like yesterday that I was sat here writing about my trip to Örebro. It just goes to show how time flies when you having fun!! Last weekend I got the chance to go home to Brighton to see my family and attend my friend Chris Talman's Wedding reception. My younger sister also held an engagement party whilst I was there so it was a very busy weekend!! It was also the start of the olympics games so it was great to be back in the UK to watch the opening ceremony......................and I have to say it was pretty spectacular!!

I flew in on the Thursday evening and was met by my mum and sister at the airport. My mum has recently bought a new car, which I had only seen pictures of before I had arrived, and I couldn't remember the colour so I wasn't sure to look out for........................I had to do a double take when this flash Mazda 3 come around the corner with black alloy wheels! It looked like she had just swapped cars with Vin Diesel!! All she needs to do now is tint the windows!!

Like with my previous visits back home, my first port of call was the local pub where I met my soon to be brother-in-law Pete. It felt good to be back.....................and around six pints later it was if I had never left!! The next day was mainly spent running around town shopping things for Aicha and catching up with old friends and family. During the afternoon I met with my sister Jo and my brother Ryan for a late lunch with my Uncle Pete. It has been a long time since I had seen them all so it felt nice that we could spend the afternoon together.

Charlotte and Pete's engagement party was to take place that evening at my mums house from 6:30pm but before I headed there I met up with some of my old work colleagues from EDF. It was great seeing they guys again and it still doesn't sound like much has changed there since I left!! After a few beers at The Noble House I headed to the party and found it in full flow. I don't think I have seen so many people at the house before!! All my friends and family were there so it was perfect for me as it meant I could catch up with everyone in one place!! It was amazing seeing everyone again and it was great to see them all there for Pete and Charlotte. I think they make a great couple and I can't wait for the wedding...........................and the stag do!! I think the snap below taken on the night is a great photo....................although Pete, Olly Murs said he wants his hat back!!


I had so much fun at the party........................too much as it turned out, as the next morning I was absolutely hanging!! As usual I was the last man standing and it was around 4:30am by the time I turned in! It seemed like a good idea at the time to carry on partying but it left me in a mess on the Saturday. That evening I was going to Chris' wedding reception so I had around 8 hours to sort myself out, but the thought of having to do it all again that evening was making feel even more sick than I already was! Although I wasn't feeling top of the world I was really pleased that everybody enjoyed themselves at the party.......................which was illustrated when I noticed the empties!!!!


As the day went on I began to feel more like myself again. I even managed to iron my shirt.................which I hadn't been looking forward to doing as it just seemed like to much effort! Once I had showered and changed though, I felt ready to rumble. The wedding reception was held at a place called Tottington Manor, which was out in the country away from all the noise of the city. It was a really lovely venue and weather had been kind that day so the guest were able to mingle both inside and outside. Both Chris and his new bride Hayley looked great and the wedding had gone very well by all accounts. After a few beers I had totally beaten my hangover and was back to my usual chirpy self. The evening was again spent catching up with old buddies, with the occasional venture onto the dance floor to bust a move!! Unfortunately I didn't take take my camera with me to the reception but it did manage to borrow a few from facebook of the day...............







Once the wedding was over I headed over to Lancing to meet my brothers and some more friends for another celebration. My friend Mark has recently had a baby so the guys were out 'wetting the baby's head'. My friend Simon had come along and I hadn't seen him since November so it was great to finally have a beer together. It was just like old times!! Once again it was another late night, with me and Simon being the last men standing this time. The thing I have found with my mates is that no matter how much time passes, be it a day, a month or a year, we always pick up where we left off. We had a lot to catch up on and we had a really good chat, but by 3:30am we had to throw in the towel! It had been another great evening and one I hope to repeat again in the not too distant future.........................although hopefully next time I will go to bed at a reasonable hour!

Sunday was spent recovering form the previous 2 days. It had really taken its toll on me and I had zero energy left to do anything other than watch tv! I felt bad because it seemed that I had wasted a day of my trip. I don't think I was such good company for my family as I was half asleep for most of the day! I don't think I'm going to plan so much next time I visit. I have learned that you can't make time for everyone and the time that I am there I want to spend the majority of it with my family......................and hopefully in a more interactive state! I am heading back home again in 3 weeks for my friend James' wedding but this time I am attending as best man. I am going for a long weekend and the wedding is on the Friday so it leaves me with the rest of the weekend to relax.............................but knowing me it will probably be just as busy as the last time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment