Friday, 26 October 2012

Home Sweet Home!

So, we have finally moved in! Its been a long journey over the past few weeks but we have finally made it!! It feels great to have our own place at last and it looks a lot different from we took ownership. We still have a few jobs to do, namely redecorate the spare bedroom but everything else is pretty much there. I have been waiting for the day when I could just sit on my new sofa, relax, and just enjoy what we now have. That day came last Sunday..............

Aicha went out for the day with her friends to see Dirty Dancing so I had the day to myself. To make use of my free time I spent the morning finishing off some odd jobs, which in turn allowed me to spend the afternoon chilling out.................watching DVD's and playing on my new PS3! Once I had completed my tasks I sat back on my new sofa, cracked open a tin of beer and fired up the 55 inch LED TV!!

It was the moment I had been waiting for................!!

I don't think I have ever enjoyed my own company as much as I did that day! The new TV has the internet so I was able to catch up with all of the English shows I have missed on the big screen. Up until now I have been watching everything on the laptop................which is fine, but it's not a touch on my new best friend Samsung!!

We knew months before we moved in what sofa we having and which TV we were buying, so to finally get the opportunity to enjoy it after waiting so long was a real treat.................even more so when the reality was better than you expected!!. Before we moved in I said that I didn't really give a shit what we bought for the rest of the apartment as long as I got the sofa and TV I wanted...................although if I did have problem with the other things I'm sure I would have said something however Aicha and I have similar tastes and what she chose was spot on! I think it looks really good but see what you think............








We still have some more pictures to hang up, one of which arrived today. There is quite a large area to the right of the TV which we wanted to fill with something, although we couldn't think of what to put there...................that was until Aicha suggested that we should find a nice picture of Brighton to put there. 'That's a great shout honey!' I said. 'A nice little homage to home would be awesome.......................but what picture?' For the next few hours we looked online at various pictures of Brighton until we found one we both liked. We had it printed onto a canvas in black and white and the result was amazing! It's now hanging proudly on the wall......................


If I can't be in Brighton then I will bring Brighton to me!

The weekend is now upon us and on Saturday we are will helping some friends of ours to move apartment. Having just moved ourselves you would think it would be the last thing we would want do but there are quite a few people helping out so it should not take up too much of the day..........................but it does feel like there is no rest bite at the moment!! On Sunday I am hoping to get out to watch the Liverpool Vs Everton match in town. Its been a while since I have been to The Dubliner to watch a game with my fellow supporter club members but if I'm feeling tired I might just watch it home so we will have to wait and see.

Tonight we are going to see the new James Bond movie Skyfall. I have been looking forward to this for ages and judging by the trailer it's sure to be a belter!! I read a review in The Daily Mail today and they said that it is by far the best Bond movie yet and that it could be up for several Oscars its that good! After reading that my expectation levels have grown massively so I hope I'm not disappointed! All James Bond movies are good but this one sounds a bit special!!

'The name's Bond.................James Bond'           Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bob, hope you're well... I've just found your post and wanted to say that we are going through the same thing - decorating our new flat so I exactly know how you feel! :) and I can't wait for that moment to sit on our new sofa either. but it's still about 8 weeks away... take care Iveta x

    ReplyDelete
  2. and also want to add that I love that picture of Brighton! good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Iveta,
    Nice to hear from you! I am well thanks!
    Its a great feeling to finally get you own place!
    I hope the decorating is going good, I'm sure the 8 weeks will fly by so you will have your TV before you know it!!
    Good luck to you both and say hi to Jan!
    Take care,
    Bob x

    ReplyDelete