Thursday, 30 May 2013

Countdown

At the moment each day feels like an eternity as we count down the days until we go to the USA..............and more importantly until the 3rd June when we find out if we're having a boy or a girl! Ever since we found out we are having a baby I have convinced myself that we are having a girl. This is based purely on probability, as everyone of my brothers have introduced boys into 'the wolfpack'! It seems only natural that one of us will have a daughter.............and that someone could be me! Of course you can never really know and the more I think about it, the more I think that the fact all my brothers have had boys makes no difference. It is a lottery. I can't wait to find out though! I'm not one for surprises! Prince or Princess? It doesn't matter to me.

The USA trip can't come soon enough for me. Its only two weeks away now and I feel like a kid in the lead up to Christmas! Work has continued to be really busy and I could really do with a break. That said though, work is going really well. I've been working on a few things recently, which my bosses have been really impressed with so hopefully, if I can continue doing good things, they will offer me a permanent position. I think I deserve it but deserving something doesn't always mean you will get it, especially in the business world.

On the social side, the past few weeks have been fairly quiet however there was plenty on the agenda last weekend.. Friday night I had a match for the Tudors Arms against Ekero, which was a good way to start off the weekend but unfortunately we lost 2-1. It was a good performance by the team and it was a game we definitely did not deserve to lose. I was at fault for the first goal but despite my mistake, I had a fairly solid game. I have been really consistent this season so I was annoyed with myself to give such a soft goal away. It wasn't a complete howler.................believe me I made much worst mistakes in the past! I misjudged the flight of the ball from a free kick and I was beaten in the air by an opposing player, and he was able to head the ball into the empty net. I made amends though in the second half by making some crucial saves but I could do nothing about the second goal. It was a shame really as for the first time this season we played as a 'team', and we deserved a draw at least.

I was especially looking forward to the Saturday though, as there was the Monaco Grand Prix qualifying, the Champions League Final and the Carl Froch/Mikkel Kessler fight all on the same day. It was a sports fans wet dream!! Plus we had tickets to see Josh Groban early in the evening at The Globe Arena. We'd also planned to have dinner and a Greek restaurant before the show so it was a jam packed day! Before we headed out Aicha and I spent some time enjoying the sun on the balcony. Aicha had her friends over the night before and they had left half a box of wine so it felt rude not to help myself to a few glasses in the sun! Its been a while since we have had any sun, during which time I had lost my sunglasses so I had to go out and buy myself a new pair!


New shades..............and new grey hairs!
Before dinner we then stopped off at a cocktail bar for a few, well............cocktails. And no, they were not alcoholic before you ask...........

Baby Mamma!
The Josh Groban concert was really good. I was first introduced to him by Aicha not long after we first met and I have to say I really like his music. I like all genres of music but I do have a soft spot for ballads, particularly those with an emotional and powerful message. He is actually a really funny guy as well. In between songs he would interact with the audience and he even did a short Q&A session. My favourite comment was when someone asked him what his best 'worst' chat up line was and after a look pause he replied 'Hi, my name is Josh Groban'!! Genius!





After the show we headed back home on the tube where I did my best to catch some of the Champions League Final on my mobile phone. I managed to see the majority of the second and was lucky enough to see the goals. If I'm honest, I wasn't that interested in the game as I was more interested in making it home in time for the boxing! Carl Froch is my number one boxer at the moment and the fight with Mikkel Kessler was billed to be one of the greatest.............and it didn't disappoint! It was an epic from start to finish, with Froch winning unanimously on points. Boxing for me is one of the best sports there is, both to watch and to admire. Seeing this guys put their lives and reputations on the line each time they step into the ring is amazing, and the discipline needed to make it at the top level is truly inspiring. Lately I have felt myself getting more excited for a boxing match than I do for an England game...............plus I don't feel the disappointment afterwards!

Speaking of which, I just watched England play the Republic of Ireland tonight....................there's 90 minutes I will never get back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment