Monday, 8 July 2013

Los Angeles

Our trip to the USA was everything we thought it would be. 5 cities in 3 weeks, starting with Los Angeles and finishing in New York. We had such an amazing time but like with all good things it had to come to an end! It would take me forever to write about our adventures so I thought it best to let our pictures tell most of the story. Once we managed to get out of LAX airport (2 hours were spent just trying to get through customs alone!) our first stop was our hotel in Santa Monica..........
,
Our hire car, 'The Duchess'.
Despite the sat-nav being schizophrenic, she was a good motor! 
Santa Monica Pier
The entrance to the pier
Dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp perhaps?
Lovin the menus!
Dinner at 'Bubba Gump Shrimp'
The Hollywood sign from the Hollywood hills 


Hollywood Boulevard
The Grauman Chinese Theatre - home of the famous hand & footprint ceremonies.........










The Walk of Fame
The Dolby Theatre - Home of the Oscars
Ripley's Believe It Or Not - Full of weird stuff in there.............
Posing with 'Bumblebee'
I'm 'boring' according to Ripley's 'Throne of Love'!
Lizard Man
This freaked me out!
George Clooney...............made from plastic pins!
Jimi Hendrix..................created from guitar pics!
Darth Vader...............made from god knows what!
with R2-D2 and C3P0
Michael Jackson made from candy....................a bit inappropriate maybe?
...................and Bubbles wasn't far away!
We saw a few homeless people on Hollywood Boulevard with signs asking for money to buy food..................
then we saw this fella!
Lunch in a proper 'American' diner............
....................complete with our own jukebox..................which didn't work!
After lunch we headed to Madame Tussauds..................where I attempted my best 'Shrek' impression!
Me and Simon Cowell deep in thought..........
Nicolas Cage was a bit rude................he just ignored me!
Aicha hanging with Snoop Dogg
Lady Gaga left little to the imagination.........
Justin Timberlake posing with me.........
Penelope wanted my number but I respectfully declined............
Normally the women are all over R-Patz..................I couldn't see any!
Mr Hitchcock had no time to talk..............
Dancing with 'The King' left me knackered.................that guy can move!
Liz Taylor was flirting big time but I was having none of it...............
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid were ready for trouble......................
Taking orders from 'The Godfather'...............
Al Pacino was happy to pose for a few snaps.................
Robert De Niro didn't say to much...............
Aicha showing everyone exactly who's in charge....................although I don't need reminding!
Hannibal Lecter invited me in for dinner.....................I wasn't interested!
Eddie Murphy was shorter than I imagined............
Patrick Swayze was having the time of his life..............
Balboa wanted a tear up...............but I didn't have my gloves with me!
Whilst Captains Kirk and Picard were arguing over the seat, I took over............
The 'Cooler King' needed a shovel...................I didn't have one.
Tarantino didn't want me anywhere near his camera............
Spielberg waited patiently for his chair back.................
Martin Scorsese was pleased to see me.........................and The Cooler King finally found a shovel!
Nice reaction from Cameron Diaz.................but she thought I was someone else.............
I thought Leo could have made more of an effort.................
Had to be done!
People say Whitney was a diva......................I can concur.
Elton needed change for the phone..................I obliged
Tiger wasn't happy with me being in the way of his shot.................
Bond was outnumbered (as usual) and needed some back up............
John McClane was busy blowing shit up..............
Morgan Freeman was the epitome of cool.
Meryl Streep............not bad for 64. Olden but golden!
Denzel Washington spent most of the evening hiding a nasty stain on his suit..........
Sharing a joke with Jack Nicholson. He was a class act!
After mixing with the stars we headed back up into the Hollywood hills to The Griffith Observatory where we enjoyed some great views of LA.........
The view from the observatory............


Downtown LA
Not a great 'selfie' when you can see your hands reflected in your sunglasses!
The Hollywood sign from the observatory

On our way back to the hotel we swung by Beverly Hills............
We didn't stop on Rodeo Drive but we did drive down it. At one point our Nissan was sandwiched between a Ferrari Enzo and a Bugatti Veyron...................we definately looked like we didn't belong!
I would love to live on this street......... 
...................although Brighton Way would be next on the list!
The next day we drove to a place called 'The Grove' which was a large outdoor shopping mall.
This was the only picture we got unfortunately...........
In the afternoon we headed to the beach to soak up some sun.................
It would be nice to own one of the those apartments!
Later we took a stroll down to Venice where we found Muscle Beach. It was smaller than I thought it would be
.......................for such a confined space, there were far too much oil and tight pants for me!
Venice Beach Promenade
Venice Skate Park
The next day we drove to Universal Studios...........

Theme parks are not really Aicha's thing so I made sure we got the fast track passes so she didn't have to wait around to long whilst I sampled all the fast rides!
First up was Transformers 3D. Unfortunately this was not suitable for pregnant women so Aicha could not go on.
.....................actually no one could go on as it turned out, as there was a problem with the ride!
My verdict: Very disappointing!
Jurassic Park was next on the list.................my verdict: Once is enough.
Then came The Mummy.................my verdict: Good, but could have been better.
If you have seen the film you will be familiar with the flesh-eating beetles. These make an appearance in the ride and it feels like they are crawling up your legs! Not nice!
The Simpsons ride was the highlight for me. Absolutely incredible!
It even had its own Kwik-E-Mart! My verdict: Top drawer. 10/10!
Unfortunately this was my last ride for the day as unbeknowst to us prior to buying the tickets, there was not a single ride suitable for a pregnant women! Not even the 3D rides! With no refunds available we decided to give away our fast track passes away and do the next best possible thing................ 
.........................head back to the beach!
The rest of our visit to L.A. was spent in Santa Monica. It really was the perfect place to stay. It was easy to get around plus it had the most amazing beach.We really enjoyed our time there and would love to go back one day.

Next up............San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment